I'm so thrilled to introduce a new contributor to The House That Lars Built. Tori Bowman of That Pair of Crutches, will be contributing a weekly column called, 15 Minutes to a Better Blog, where, well, the title is pretty self-explanatory right? I'm excited to hear her tips because, ahem, I KNOW I'm already breaking so many "rules". Let's hope this helps us all! Thank you Tori, for joining Lars! Take it away...
Hey Lars readers! I am so excited to be here on The House That Lar's Built once a week sharing simple tips to improve your blog and brand. First up... How to make your blog flow better!
When readers are scrolling through your blog, you want to make the process as seamless as possible. They should be able to read through posts without hitting blocks that break their concentration and make them stop. Here are a few tips to create flow on your blog and keep your readers reading:
1. Make images the width of the post. And try to keep images the same height. Using templates will make life SO much easier!
2. Don't center align your text. It breaks up the flow of your blog and can be distracting and hard to read.
3. And try as hard as you can to not make your text colored. Promise me you'll try.
3. Keep ads the same width and height. If you want to offer more than one size of ad, stick to only two or three specific sizes.
4. Stick to two (maybe three) fonts. Not sure what fonts will look good on your blog? This might help.
5. Keep it simple! Don't over-do graphics on photos, crazy color schemes, or distracting patterns.
Excited keep improving your blog and brand? So am I! Check back next week to see more tips and tricks!
by Tori Bowman of That Pair of Crutches